Apply to Job Now!
Summit Technologies, Inc. has openings for a Java application developer in Alexandria, VA. Must also be capable of obtaining an (IT-II clearance/Public Trust).
Provide full systems lifecycle Java application development and support for the Common Update Framework (CUF) and other DoD identity and personnel management applications. The project work is performed on site in Alexandria, VA. Will be experienced in the full Software Development Life Cycle and proficient in Java Platform, Enterprise Edition (Java EE) application development skills. Responsible for working with the project team to develop and maintain applications.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
· Develop design documentation based on application requirements, develop and test code per schedule, escalate risks and issues to the Development Manager, and assist in troubleshooting production support issues.
· US Citizenship required. Must also be capable of obtaining an IT-II clearance/ Public Trust.
· Bachelor’s Degree required (computer science, information systems, business major preferred)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to articulate technical or operational problems
· into understandable business terms appropriate for the audience.
· Proven ability to analyze, design and develop applications using an object oriented approach.
· 3 or more years experience developing Java and Java EE applications
· 2 or more years experience using web application frameworks such as Struts, JavaServer Faces,
· Spring, or WebLogic JMS.
· Experience using LINK or Hybernate for database persistence layer.
· Experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g., Eclipse, JDeveloper).
· Prior experience with the following tools is beneficial but not required: Oracle 11g web/app
· server, Subversion for source control, and Maven build process
· Ability to consistently apply quality and security standards.
· Ability to work effectively in a team and with clients.
· Strong skills in troubleshooting - determine causes of errors and drive problem resolution to ensure business continuity
· Java and Java EE development
· Object Oriented Development
· Knowledge of relational databases and SQL
· Experience with web services and SOA framework, preferred but not required.
Required Education & Certifications:
A Bachelors degree and at least 3 years experience needed to perform job.
· These positions require the eligibility to obtain an IT-II clearance/Public Trust.
· All qualified candidates must pass a pre-employment background investigation conducted by the government as well as the government’s clearance investigation.
Location(s): Alexandria, VA
Compensation & Benefits:
Rates will be commensurate with experience.
If you are a good match and are interested in more information, please forward the following information to Recruiter :
· Updated resume in Word format (.doc);
· Daytime and evening phone numbers and email addresses;
· State DoD and/or Other government agency clearances held; and,
· Current compensation and desired compensation.
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best matching prospects, and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer.